Don’t make your legal issues harder than they have to be. Find simple solutions with divorce mediation and probate law services. We offer certified mediator services, as well as various types of probate law, including will preparation
Joan-Marie Sullivan brings more than 33 years of experience as an attorney. For the majority of those years, her practice has focused on family law and she has assisted countless clients with divorce and child custody issues. Ms. Sullivan is also an accomplished appellate attorney. She has filed numerous briefs in all three of Alabama’s appellate courts, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Civil Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. Her efforts have resulted in many changes to Alabama’s legal landscape over the past two and one-half decades.
Background & Education
Ms. Sullivan was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She and her family relocated to Jacksonville, Alabama in 1979. Ms. Sullivan graduated as valedictorian from Jacksonville Laboratory High School in 1982. She then went on to graduate Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Alabama in 1985, then from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1988. While in law school, she received national recognition for her trial advocacy skills.
Ms. Sullivan previously practiced law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and worked at Lanier, Ford, Shaver, & Payne, as well as at Wolfe, Jones, & Boswell in Huntsville, Alabama. After gaining invaluable experience, she started her own private practice in 1996.
Memberships & Admissions
• Supreme Court of Kentucky, 1988
• United States District Court, Middle District of Kentucky, 1988
• Supreme Court of Alabama, 1989
• United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 1989
• United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1994
• Member, Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution, 2003
• Family Law Section, Alabama State Bar, 2005
Awards & Achievements
• Phi Beta Kappa, 1986
• Presidential Scholar, University of Alabama School of Law
• John C. Campbell Moot Court Board, 1987-1988
• National Trial Advocacy Team, 1987-1988
• Associate Editor, Law & Psychology Review
• Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Domestic Relations, 1988
• Recipient, George Peach Taylor Award for Outstanding Trial Performance, 1988
• Appointed by Former Alabama Attorney General William Pryor to Serve as Specially Appointed Deputy Attorney General, 1984 and 1985
Page A. Banks graduated law school from the Cumberland School of Law, Sanford University in 2003. She has more than 18 years of family law experience providing family law services to her clients in Huntsville, Alabama, and the surrounding areas. Page is a proud member of the Huntsville Madison County Bar Association, Alabama State Bar Association, and The Alabama State Bar Family Section.
She brings more than 14 years of experience and knowledge to provide her family law clients with the best solution possible.
Background & Education
- Native of Huntsville, Alabama
- Obtained Bachelor’s degree from University of North Alabama
- Obtained J.D. from Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- Alabama State Bar Family Law Section Member
- Huntsville/Madison County Bar Association
- Served as Secretary
- Served as Family Law Section Committee Chair
- Practicing in the area of family law for 14 years.
- Law clerk for Judge R.A. “Sonny” Ferguson Jefferson County Family Court Judge, during law school
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.